May 8, 2008
Increasing the disk size in andLinux
- Stop the andLinux service and make sure no colinux daemon is running.
- Download dd for windows and put in the same folder as base.drv or wherever your “/” drive image is located.
- The following command extends a 4 GB partition to 16 GB:
dd bs=16384 if=/dev/zero of=base.drv seek=262144 count=786432
seek=262144tells dd that it should start filling zeros starting from this address which is the size of your 4GB image divided by 16384. In my case it is
4294967296/16384=262144number of 16K blocks.
count=786432tells dd that it should fill 12GB of zeros. This is just (1024)^3/16384 number of blocks.
- After it has increased the file size, start the andLinux service and at the command prompt in Linux, type the following:
apt-get install ext2resize
- Now you should have the new expanded hard disk image. To check, type:
at the command prompt and you will see that /dev/cobd0 is now new size.