May 12, 2010
Access Samba share over SSH Tunnel
- Add the Loopback Adapter to the Windows client machine.
- Configure this adapter as following:
- Disable ‘File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks’.
- Choose appripriate IP address and netmask, such as: 169.254.0.1 and 255.255.255.0.
- Under ‘Advanced’ settings, check ‘Enable LMHOSTS Lookup’ and ‘Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP’
- Under Putty, configure the SSH Tunnel as:
Source port: 169.254.0.1:139
- Test the connection by entering \\169.254.0.1 at Run prompt in Windows.